Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ziad

No more Disney plus unless you go ad free or change streaming device?

I just bought the roku streaming stick 4k

and Disney+ is not working.

i can’t find it on the channel list

and it does even work from the remote shortcut button.

please advice if there is any solution, or should i return it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No more Disney plus unless you go ad free or change streaming device?

Hello @Ziad,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this channel concern here at the Roku Community. We're delighted to assist.

Please be advised that the Disney Plus app is currently available on the Roku platform. However, you'll have to invest in a Disney+ subscription to access it. Also, channel availability varies by location, so kindly make sure the app is supported in your area. The steps for properly adding channels to Roku are as follows:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Streaming Store.
  3. Select Channels, then browse by genre, recommended, featured, top free, and other categories.
  4. When you want to learn more about an app, press OK on your remote.
  5. If the app is free, select Add channel; if the app requires a subscription, select OK to start a free trial or purchase a subscription.

The app will be added to the bottom of the list of apps on the home screen. This article will guide you on how to add apps to your Roku streaming device.

Let us know what you find out.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: No more Disney plus unless you go ad free or change streaming device?

Where are you located? If you are outside of the US, then it may not be available. Also, the Roku device uses your IP address to geolocate you. Sometimes, that IP address does not have reliable location info. You can use a site like WhatIsMyIpAddress to find your address and geolocation data. Worse, there are multiple services that provide geolocation data, so what Roku uses may still show different.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

0 Kudos