Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBishop
Channel Surfer

No Disney Plus on anything Roku

Hi. I signed up for Disney+ on Thursday. The app works on everything but my Roku Ultras and Roku tv's (this is about 5 roku ultras and 2 roku tvs). It works on iphones,ipads,fire tvs fine. I always get error code 73, which is a region code, I'm in the US. What's even weirder, is on the same fire tv, a connected roku ultra will say error 73 (region code), but on the same wired connection, disney+ will work fine on the Fire TV itself, no issues.  I've talked to Disney+ for a total of 2 1/2 hours and they have no idea. I've done the following.

1) Reset my comcast gateway

2) rebooted my gateway several times.

3) Reset my roku to default settings.

3) rebooted on many occasions.

4) Cleared cache

5) deleted and reinstalled disney app countless times.

6) tried wifi vs wired, no difference.

I cant remember everything, and this was before I tried the firetv experiment on the same conncetion and it worked fine on the firetv. I'm now convinced it's only a roku issue or somehow a disney+ app issue on the roku. I see there have some other people having issues this week. i do remeber a few days before i got the dinsey + app, there was a roku update. I kow this is alot, just throwing it out there for anyone that might be having issues also.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Disney Plus on anything Roku

This is sort of grasping at straws, as I doubt a regional issue will be cleared up by this, but just in case....

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel.  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim

I'm going to grasp at few straws myself.  Does the Fire TV use IPv6 while the Roku devices are using IPv4?  Have you checked your location using one of the IP geolocation websites?  Search for "IP geolocation" and try a few of them.  They often give different results.  If you connect a Roku device to your phone's hotspot (if possible) does Disney+ still give the error?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheBishop
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy I tried this, it didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
TheBishop
Channel Surfer

@renojim From what I've read online, yes, the Fire TV can use IPv6 and the Roku only uses IPv4. I checked locations of each and while they are not in the same state, they are both in the US. If I connect the roku to my phone hotspot, it works fine, no error.

0 Kudos
renojim

This is definitely a weird one.  Another straw grasp is a "Network connection reset" located under Settings->System->Advanced system settings.  I don't know exactly what it does for a wired connecton, but it does something.  It wold be nice if Disney had some better debugging.

I could swear that one of the recent updates offers IPv6 as an option which would be interesting to try, but I can't find it on my Ultra (4800) now.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@renojim wrote:

I could swear that one of the recent updates offers IPv6 as an option which would be interesting to try, but I can't find it on my Ultra (4800) now.

I'm sure I read something about this too.  It could be one of those PLANNED things for 12.5 that haven't hit yet.  Or maybe it only applies to Rokus models with a WiFi chip set that supports IPv6.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
TheBishop
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy @renojim Well, I started this journey on Thursday and just tried the Disney+ app today and it works. I'm guessing it may have been Disney+ tech support that I talked to last week figured it out. Anyway, it works now.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@TheBishop-

Well, whatever the problem was, I'm glad it's working for you now.  Sometimes somebody fixes things behind the scenes and we never know the cause.

0 Kudos