Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diane717
Level 7

NewsON App not loading shows app trying but flashes back off

NewsON App not loading 
I turned roku off unplugged it waited a minute plugged back in still nothing. Also remove app and reinstalled, still nothing. All my other apps work except this one. Sent feedback in the options also still nothing yet. Also checked my updates are all up to date. 
Anyone have any suggestions please let my know

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NewsON App not loading shows app trying but flashes back off

@Diane717 

The process to remove/reinstall an app is:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Do not skip step 2, or do the steps out of order.

Not saying that will fix it, but that is a good troubleshooting step. It just has to be done that way.

If that doesn't resolve it, please provide your Roku model number and Roku software version. Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ghillie
Level 7

NewsON Roku express 4k+Model 3941RW

this is going on on all 3 Roku devices I have in my house

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ghillie

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos