Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay0

New to Roku. Have Directv and trying to watch SEC+ game on Roku. How do I do that?

Hi,

Just bought a Roku streaming stick.  I am also a Directv subscriber and have access to SEC+ games through Watchespn on my computer.  So when I go to the ESPN app it shows I am signed into Directv, yet when I select a game to watch (that I normally have no problem watching on my computer), it says "Media not allowed".  I don't want to purchase a subscription to ESPN+, because I am already paying for the SEC network through Directv.  

So is it possible to watch the SEC Network through Roku with my current provider?  

If I cancel Direct in the future and go with another streaming service that offers the SEC network, I'm wondering if I am also going to run into this problem with them and Roku?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: New to Roku. Have Directv and trying to watch SEC+ game on Roku. How do I do that?

Greeting @Kay0

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble streaming the SEC network through your Roku device. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

And to address your last question,  it is best to check with the specific streaming service and network provider to confirm their compatibility with Roku and any potential limitations on accessing their content.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: New to Roku. Have Directv and trying to watch SEC+ game on Roku. How do I do that?

@Kay0 

In order to watch SEC+ content you need to subscribe to ESPN+.

0 Kudos
AnnTN

You can subscribe to ESPN to watch SEC or SECN+

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You need ESPN+ to watch SEC+.

0 Kudos