Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjedrick
Streaming Star

New problem with Freebee channel

I have been using the FreeVee channel on Roku for a while.  I  have a number of items in its Continue Watching list, and all worked fine until June 29, 2023.  On that date, just the slightest touch of the Up/Down or Left/Right arrows on the Roku remote caused the screen to keep rolling up and down or left to right, with inability to stop at any row or item.

When I bring up the channel, the For You row which is first still works properly, but Roku Down skips to Drama and there is no way to select the Continue Watching row.

Tried removing FreeVee and added it back, and now the Continue Watching row is gone and I have lost all the items I was previous in the middle of watching.  The cursor problem continues, now can’t even Search because the cursor jumps 4-5 slots at the slightest touch. 

This does not occur on any other Roku channel, but on FreeVee the only things I can watch are those in the For You row.

I have tried everything to find a way to email this problem to Amazon FreeVee, but neither  help screens or Chat can give me a way to do this.  Has anyone ever found an Amazon or FreeVee email address that actually works?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
bjedrick
Streaming Star

Re: New problem with Freebee channel

Spoke too soon.  Cursor problem occurs on Roku channel as well.  Can't do search since even light touch on arrows skip over multiple letters.  Please fix or I am back to where the Netflix channel is the only one that works properly.

0 Kudos
bjedrick
Streaming Star

Me again. Finally found the problem. Apparently power strip to which the Roku and other stuff was plugged into started malfunctioning, and when I turned it off and back on, NOTHING worked. Even after I replaced the power strip, had to reload the TV and do a lot of trial and error to switch to the HDMI port where Roku was connected - but once I was able to, cursor on Roku remote was back to normal.

Sorry, but I thought it was something to do with Roku.   Anyway, just want to pass this on in case anyone else has this weird problem.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@bjedrick-

Thanks for reporting back.   I wish more people did this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos