Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brixtony
Reel Rookie

New Ultra inconsistencies- episodes don’t load, constant rebooting

I have tried all the suggestions posted so far. Although the old Roku box (2013) works fine, we upgraded to an Ultra to use in the main room. Setup was easy- Internet ok, etc. BUT almost all the time, even on a channel that was working , an episode, or all episodes will not load. Sometimes unplugging and rebooting roku works, but not always. Reinstalling channels makes no difference. Tried everything suggested and am beginning wonder if it’s a hardware defect- should we return it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: New Ultra inconsistencies- episodes don’t load, constant rebooting

If all apps on your Roku device do not function properly, then yeah, I’d say that you bought a defective Roku device.  Either that, or there is an issue with your router/modem.  However, you could probably try these steps in the correct order:

1.  Remove the channel.  
2.  Settings > System > Power (If not applicable, skip to the next step.) > System restart.   
3.  Reinstall the channel.

These steps may not solve the issue, but the order is always 1, 2, 3.  Some Roku users have done 2, 1, 3, some have done 1, 3, 2 and some have done just 1, 3, but those orders are not the same solution as 1, 2, 3.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: New Ultra inconsistencies- episodes don’t load, constant rebooting

Hi @Brixtony,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Do you receive an error message or code? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa