Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TCL Disney Plus not working

My Disney Plus isn't working on my TCL Roku TV either. Is was working a few days ago to around a week ago. So far this is the only app that's not working.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New TCL Disney Plus not working

Hi @Mandygirl88,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We'd be happy to assist you with your problem with Disney+ on your Roku TV. Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a game? Please follow these steps below:

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star * to open the Options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device. Go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanaBrooks
Reel Rookie

Mine is also not working on 2 of my TCL tv’s . It has worked for as long as I’ve had the tv’s but suddenly this week it stopped working on both. I’ve tried every reset, delete, add back possible and it acts like it starts to load and then just stops short of the login screen and all I get is a small Disney plus icon in the upper left corner of the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DanaBrooks

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for flagging this to us, and we would be more than glad to help. Have you tried using a different network, such as an alternative WIFI of a mobile hotspot, to see if it resolves the issue?

If the issue persists, please keep us posted, and we'll assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanaBrooks
Reel Rookie

It’s still not working. I can log into Disney on my iPhone and iPad using the same WiFi connect that I have in my home. It just won’t load on either of my 2 TCL tvs. Also my daughter lives 3 hours away in Houston and has a TCL tv and hers has started doing the same thing! 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response. @DanaBrooks.

May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far and when did you first observed the issue? Have you tried removing, restarting the TV, and adding this channel already? Also, have you tried reaching out to the channel provider? We highly recommend doing this first, as they may be able to provide initial troubleshooting steps to sort out this concern.

You can keep us updated on what you have found out so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bwitty77

Mine is doing the same as others.. no longer working- small Disney plus icon in top left of screen. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, I’ve powered down, I’ve uninstalled, system restart, installed… nothing is working.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bwitty77,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the reports and the attempts at resolving this. Seems like we're getting a lot of reports about this, and want to take a closer look into it. We'll need your help. Please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos