Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skipsherv

New Max (HBOMax) not available in Brazil on ROKU

We subscribed to HBOMax in Brazil on a Smart TV, and it continues to work on that TV after the change to Max.  However, we watch HBOMax on another TV through our ROKU, and after the switch to Max, we get a message saying that Max is not available in our region...but it IS available.  Why doesn't ROKU continue to support HBOMax customers in Brazil

29 REPLIES 29
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Max (HBOMax) not available in Brazil on ROKU

Hi @skipsherv,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting an error message when trying to stream the Max channel on your Roku device. We apologized for the inconvenience and we would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

After further review, you previously stated that you are located in Brazil. The system recognized that your Roku account is set under a different region. If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel. 

Here are a few things to try:

1. What you need to do is to re-create your Roku account. If you plan on using the same email address. You need to deactivate your Roku account and from there you need to re-activate it. For more information about how to create an account, visit our Support page here: Como faço para criar uma conta da Roku®? | Central de ajuda e atendimento ao cliente | Suporte do Ro...
  2. Then link the device again to your account just like you did with the initial setup. You may also refer to this link: Como vincular meu dispositivo Roku? | How do I link my Roku device?

After ensuring that you are using a Canadian Roku account, can you verify if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

madzero1
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue here in Mexico.

skipsherv1
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  OK, I did what you suggested and also factory reset my Roku.  I now have a new account in Brazil.  But, when I added HBOMax it looks like the old icon (HBOMax) and not like the new icon (max).  Anyway, I added the channel and get a "Sorry, we are having trouble communicating with that service" message.  My Apple TV, Discovery+, and Youtube work fine.  The only issue is HBOMax. Any more ideas?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @madzero1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @skipsherv1,

Thanks for following up.

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and seeing if you notice any difference.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

madzero1
Reel Rookie

Basically it seems my only option is to create a Mexico account from scratch in order to get HBOmax, and i'll need to have 2 accounts one, that has US only channels, and one that has Mexico only channels, very annoying. I will try again tonight, 

skipsherv1
Channel Surfer

Thanks,  The system is all up to date, but I'm still receiving the "Something went wrong" message for HBOMax.  I just added my Netflix back and it is working fine.

0 Kudos

Dear Rolu - I am facing the same problem in Mexico... before the "MAX" fusion, I was able to watch HBO MAX without issues in Mexico. Now that HBO MAX Application has been changed in the Channels List, I am no longer to view any content for HBO, as it states that it is not available in my Region.

Region: Mexico

ROKU Serial: X0040057UJ44

ID: S0082117UJ44

Please, help as none of my Roku devices can access HBO MAX any longer

Tags (3)
Prisvs

I'm having the same trouble, this app fusion just happened this week. I bought one of my roku devices in my country (guatemala) and it did come with the spanish /latinoamerica configuration.  I don't want tu use a VPN but this kind of decisitions that affect out of nowhere the users outside the US, push us to use VPNs 😞