Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

New MAX app keeps asking to sign in (using hotwire service)

Jump to solution

HBO MAX new app will not let me past signin page.  Selecting signin via provider path I have been able to take this path and log into my provider successfully multiple times and it says roku screen will refresh but all it does is go back to signin page on MAX app.  Tried removing app and reinstalled but that didn't help.    Using the external 4k Roku box.  Based on all the issues it would seem this app is not close to being ready to use or im doing something wrong.  How do I get past the MAX app signin page?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New MAX app keeps asking to sign in (using hotwire service)

Jump to solution

Hi @JustDan,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Please be advised that for more information about that channel's logins and authentication, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly to report the issue and get help. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here: Max Support.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

LG tv MAX app does exactly the same thing.  Can't get past signin page.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rlrjupiter,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble signing in with the Max channel on your Roku device. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. 

When removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, We'd recommend reaching out to the Max channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To fix, i changed my password for my Hotwire account and was then abled to pass MAX authentication.

JustDan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Strangely this has been happening lately with my Roku Ultra (2021 edition) and Fire Stick 4K max (most recent edition). 
leads me to believe it’s a Max thing and not just Roku or Fire Stick. 
Hope it gets sorted soon.  Kind of tired of having to keep signing in. Got called on a business trip to tell family how to sign in. Good Times!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JustDan,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Please be advised that for more information about that channel's logins and authentication, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly to report the issue and get help. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here: Max Support.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos