Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: New MAX app error: "There's a problem with your device setup"

Hi @Moleman_X
Thanks for posting in the Roku community! 
Have you tried to update your Roku device first? It will also update your device to the latest version and check your channel for the latest update.

Note: The System Update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.

If there is new software available or there are updates for your channels, then your Roku device will download and install them automatically, and once completed, your Roku device will reboot. If the issue still persists, please contact your channel provider for more assistance.
Let us know what you find out.
All the best,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rpappas15

I have the same problem! And it is not saving where I am in a show - it will reset to where is was when I first started using the app.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

I'm not having any of these problems fortunately, though I'm disappointed in the low volume audio which needs to be cranked higher with my AVR than other apps..That said, I feel the updated UI is nice and am looking forward to viewing Avatar 2 very soon 🙂

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @rpappas15,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to help you with the issue you are facing. Could you tell us a bit more about the issue that you're experiencing? With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elf79
Reel Rookie

Yes- I just confirmed my Roku is a 4800R, hence we have the same issue. Fingers crossed it is fixed soon! In the meantime I *can* watch HBO via the Samsung interface on my Frame TV but I don’t like it/it’s inconvenient/not user friendly/etc. Going to catch up on Barry tonight! 

0 Kudos
Moleman_X
Binge Watcher

@jontalk - Pretty sure Avatar 2 will go to Disney+

0 Kudos
outlaw30-06
Binge Watcher

I’m having the exact same issue. The trailers play just fine in 4K quality, but when I attempt to play the actual episode of a show or a movie (EVERY SHOW AND MOVIE) I get the message that there is an issue with my device setup. I was going to try removing the MAX channel and reinstall, but I can’t. There is no “remove channel” option, only a manage your subscription where “remove channel” should be in the channel options menu list. Fix this ROKU and HBO, please. I’m paying nearly as much for Roku with each individual channel costing me each month as I was paying with Direct TV, so the least these billion and trillion dollar companies can do is make sure that we’re able to access the content we pay for without having to constantly troubleshoot our devices, their channels and products and be our own technical support and services at no cost to them!

0 Kudos
outlaw30-06
Binge Watcher

Update: Now my error message says:”Something went wrong. Please try again or select a different video. If you contact us about this error, please include the following code:

4908609e-991f-42f2-b736-a55e1c80ae92

0 Kudos
Moleman_X
Binge Watcher

After a week, Max CS finally responded:

If you're getting a 'Something went wrong' message or a Max error code, try the following:

• Restart Max
  • Play another show or movie
  • Update Max
  • Sign out and restart your device
  • Try another device

That's right.  Took 'em a week to send me this.  Especially like the "just watch something else" suggestion. 

I'm giving them one more week then it's bye bye Max.

PhotoMan2

C’mon Roku,

It’s been about 10 days since I’ve installed the new Max app using a Roku Model 4800x Ultra. Since then I’ve lost access to Max programing. I’ve had conversations with Spectrum and HBO. They’ve both found no problems. Speaking directly with a Roku representative is much more challenging. 
So here is what I am left with…

Error Message:

“Sorry, there seems to be a technical issue. Please try again or select a different video.”

Roku Error Code:
92ef02dc-1aef-434d-9521-b527b5daa464

I’m currently paying for programming I’m not receiving.

I’ve been happy with my Roku purchases up to now, so please get this issue resolved.

Waiting for a fix or update from you.

Wayne

0 Kudos