Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texassmoke

New Channel Guide is not user friendly.

What is going on with the Channel guide? 2 of my 5 Roku sticks have updated to this new Channel guide. It sucks!! I have to pick my profile every time I turn on the tv. The arrow back key will not let me bounce between 2 channels any longer. At times I may be watching 2 shows. When I arrow back it will only take me to the guide. Is ROKU trying to make their guide look like every other app guide? I have looked all over trying to figure out how to put it back to the original guide but no luck so far in figuring it out. The other day I was watching tv and using the original channel guide. Turned off tv and then when I came back turned on tv and it sat there with the spinning circle like it needed to be unplugged and rebooted. I did that and then all my profiles came up and I selected mine and then I got this new channel guide. I hate it. There was nothing wrong with the original channel guide. Please advise if anyone knows how to go back to the old channel guide?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Channel Guide is not user friendly.

What app are you using?  Roku doesn't have profiles that I know of, so I'd be willing to bet your issue is with the developer of that app and Roku has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos