Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnvcy

Netflix will not work in ANY way on our tv. It cuts out picture altogether

Well, lets try this again my last post didnt upload...

in short, netflix is behaving bizarrely on our 65" onn roku tv. 

if you open the netflix app that is installed on the tv, all seems well up until the point you actually try to play a piece of media. Choose the wrong movie or show, and your tv will immediate lose all picture, and picture will not return until you either unplug the tv for a few minutes, or enter the button command "home button x5, up button, rewind x2, fast forward x2" and power back on. Choose the right film or show, and you will recieve 15 or so minutes of uninterrupted play, followed by the abrupt loss of image altogether once again.

That all is to say, the netflix app behaves differently depending on the media you select, but using it unwaveringly results in the loss of image output from your tv (and its always before you can finish your show).

moving on... we tried problem solving. Hooked our Xbox series s up to the device, and tried to run the netflix app on it instead. No luck. Immediate loss of image output by the tv, before the xbox can even fully boot up the app. 

That is to say, the software of the netflix app on the tv isnt the issue. Even the netflix app that is installed on on the xbox immediately clashes with the roku device and stops the image output.

before you suggest - we have already checked for updates to both the netflix app and the tv itself. Both are up to date. We have already reset the tv (many times) and the netflix app itself, no luck. 

other streaming apps that we have tried (the tubi app) works fine and no issue was experienced after 10 consecutive hours of play. It is only netflix, and it is any form of netflix that you try, be it rokus netflix or xbox's netflix. Doing other things on the xbox does not produce the issue. It is only when you try to load up netflix that the tv immediately loses picture (audio persists in all cases)

i wish you the best of luck in solving this issue, my best guess is that it is foulplay from netflix. Perhaps netflix is trying to deter consumers from roku devices, for a competitor tv company maybe. Orrrr perhaps theres no drama and your devices are just in need of some sort of update regarding Netflix software specifically. I dont understand why this issue would extend to netflix ran through external devices via the hdmi channels though.

I dont get why it would work, but we are currently trying the route of uninstalling netflix on the tv and reinstalling

0 Kudos