Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LexaStorm

Netflix not loading (black screen)

I just got Roku setup and has no issue accessing and logging in to my Disney+ and Prime Video accounts, but when I select Netflix, I just get a blank screen. No loading bar or wheel or anything. I haven't even been able to log in to my account, so I know it can't be an account restriction problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix not loading (black screen)

Hi, @LexaStorm

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd be more than glad to assist. From here, we recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Once performed, kindly check on how these troubleshooting steps worked. 

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator