Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aa2019
Binge Watcher

Netflix freezes on Roku Ultra

I recently started having a problem with my Roku Ultra (2019 model) and Netflix.  I will play something on Netflix and it will freeze.  I can pause and unpause and it will start playing again but after a while it will freeze again.  I don't have this issue with any other channel.  I tried removing and reinstalling Netflix but the issue is still there.

31 REPLIES 31
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netflix freezes on Roku Ultra

@aa2019 wrote:

... I tried removing and reinstalling Netflix but the issue is still there.

The proper process is a three step process:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

aa2019
Binge Watcher

I tried removing the channel, rebooting and installing Netflix again.   Yet I have the same issue.  I don't know what would fix it short of a full reset of my Roku device.  I do have a microSD card installed in my Roku Ultra.  I don't know if that is causing an issue.  I have also tried clearing the cache (Home 5 times, Up, Rewind 2 times, Fast Forward 2 times) and that did not fix the issue either.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@aa2019 wrote:

...  I do have a microSD card installed in my Roku Ultra.  I don't know if that is causing an issue. ...

Take it out and try. You really don't need that card. The only thing it does, when it works right, is to reduce the frequency of the system having to reload apps from the server.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

aa2019
Binge Watcher

No dice.  Even with the MicroSD card removed Netflix still does not work.  Gonna try to reset the Roku. 

0 Kudos
aa2019
Binge Watcher

I finally got around to doing a full factory reset of my Roku Ultra.  And somehow the Netflix problem is still there.  I haven't a clue how to solve this other than replacing the unit.  Very disappointed in Roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@aa2019

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
aa2019
Binge Watcher

Serial#: YJ0095841919

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@aa2019

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Hi, I have same model (2019 Ultra, model 4670, with exactly the same problem with Netflix freezing. I have removed app / rebooted / reinstalled, but same behavior.

What is the solution?

This is very frustrating, I have two other Roku models they don't have this issue.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.