Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miami13

Netflix App on Roku Express Constantly Crashing

I have a Roku Express that has only a handful of apps on it (Disney+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) but whenever I try to launch Netflix, the Roku Express restarts and displays a brief black screen before showing the bouncing Roku letters.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix app, restarted the Roku Express, factory reset it and tried swapping out the HDMI and power cord cables (the Roku Express’ power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet) and nothing has helped. It’s incredibly frustrating because this is our only way of enjoying our favourite Netflix shows, and on the rare occasion that I get into Netflix, it still evidently crashes and the Roku Express restarts in the middle of watching something.

I should also note we have a Samsung TV that is very functional and not outdated, which the Roku Express is connected to. Our internet connectivity is also excellent and unlimited so there is no issue there when it comes to streaming. If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

#RokuExpress

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix App on Roku Express Constantly Crashing

Hi @Miami13

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing and contacting us for support. We will be more than happy to assist you with this one. We want to ask a few questions.

• Have you tried plugging the device into a different outlet or power source?
  • Do you see any error messages?
  • When did you experience this issue?

Please keep us posted so we can continue to assist you with this issue.

Best regards
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos