Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leodragon
Level 7

NFL app - Email address too long to sign into NFL app

My email address (which is the login id on the nfl app) is too long to fit into the email field. Which makes it so I can no longer log into the app.  It use to work in previous versions of the nfl app.  It works fine on my phone and from a laptop.  The app appears to be restricting how many characters my email address can be?  Anyone else experience this problem.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL app - Email address too long to sign into NFL app

Do you have a remote you can use to enter the email address using the tedious onscreen keyboard?  If not, can you use the app's remote feature to do the same thing using the arrows and OK to select a letter instead of the keyboard on your phone/tablet?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ppicasso
Level 7

No answer for you friend.  Having the same problem.  I just need three more character spaces for the "com".  The app was probably programmed this way for a reason, but it's leaving some paying customers out in the cold.  Hopefully the Roku programmers with fix this very soon.  Alternatively, I sign in to the actual NFL gamepass website with an alias that is a good deal shorter than my email address.  Allowing us to use the alias might be a way to fix this without lengthening the maximum allowed characters in the password field if there is indeed a good reason for that limitation.  Roku coders, HELP!  I bought this device almost exclusively to watch NFL gamepass because the app is not available for LG webos.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @ppicasso

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. We suggest reaching out to NFL Support directly to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos