Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZDadTK
Channel Surfer

NFL App Redzone gives Error playing content error code 403 forbidden

Jump to solution

I am trying to watch NFL Redzone on Roku.  I have a cable subscription with NFL Redzone, but I am getting the 403 forbidden in the NFL app on Roku.  I have done the following:

Re-Authenticated to my cable provider

Restarted the Roku TV

Deleted the channel and readded

Any ideas on how else to fix this?  I have been using this all season.  I can log in via a web browser on my computer, it is just roku that is the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: NFL App Redzone gives Error playing content error code 403 forbidden

Jump to solution

Hi  @AZDadTK

Thanks for keeping in touch!

You may contact the NFL channel at NFL Support to report the issue and get help.  We hope it helps! Keep us posted if you need more help! 

Warm Regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AZDadTK

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the NFL  channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to NFL support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
AZDadTK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This did not work, I did all of the these actions.  NFL App does not provide the ability to submit support tickets, or I would give the feedback directly to them also.  This is also a specific Roku issue, as I am able to use Redzone directly through the website, it is just the Roku app that doesn't help.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @AZDadTK

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the NFL channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting NFL Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
AZDadTK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The NFL App does not have a way to submit support tickets.  This is the only place that I can submit any issue with the NFL App on Roku.  If you know of a way to submit a support ticket about the NFL App on Roku, please publish it here.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @AZDadTK

You may contact the NFL channel at NFL Support to report the issue and get help.  We hope it helps! Keep us posted if you need more help! 

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
AZDadTK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lianna, thank you for your efforts to help resolve this.  The NFL Support portal is just an FAQ, they do not have any articles on how to resolve NFL App issues on the Roku and do not offer any ability to actual submit a ticket.

0 Kudos
Zpetersnj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is literally zero fix 

it's the craziest thing I've ever seen and experienced what a waste

did EVERYTHING everyone suggested

0 Kudos
laytonholt

Jump to solution