Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
98xlt98
Level 7

NFHS app not working on upstairs TV

Jump to solution

Purchased a 1 month subscription. When trying to watch thru my upstairs TV, the app says I need to subscribe. Then the app gives me a monthly saubscription choice, I select then it says I have already paid. Then a "continue" button appears, I select it and nothing more happens. So I am not able to use the NFHS app on that TV. The NFHS subscription works thru my computer and it also works on  my basement TV. Why does the upstair TV app not working properly? My ROKU remote is not able to remove the channel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFHS app not working on upstairs TV

Jump to solution

I hate to say it, but that's what I suspected from the beginning.  I'm glad you got it working, but we could have saved a week's worth of back and forth.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
renojim

Jump to solution

You can't remove it because you're subscribed to it yet it won't let you use your subscription.  Frustrating, isn't it?  I have one suggestion that may or may not do anything.  It's known as the "clear the cache" routine - using your Roku remote, press:

• Home 5 times
  • Up arrow once
  • Rewind (<<) twice
  • FF (>>) twice

If you do it correctly your Roku will restart on its own.  You should probably check for updates from Settings->System->System update once it restarts.

Let me know if it has any effect.

0 Kudos
98xlt98
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried it and that did not fix my problem.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting me know - I was hopeful.  The only other suggestion I have is to unsubscribe, then remove the channel, restart your Roku, add the channel again, resubscribe.  I know it's a pain and may not even help, but that's all I can think of.  If you unsubscribe you'll still have access until the end of your current paid term.  You can try jumping through the hoops at https://support.roku.com/contactus , but I wouldn't count on much help there.

I am confused about one thing.  You say you can use your subscription on your computer.  Usually a subscription through Roku can only be used on a Roku device.  I'm assuming this subscription shows up when you check at https://my.roku.com/account/purchases .  I'm also assuming both Roku devices are linked to the same Roku account.  Check the email addresses that show under Settings->System->About.

0 Kudos
98xlt98
Level 7

Jump to solution

The subscription is not paid to Roku, it is paid to NFHS. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I think I misread your initial post.  When you highlight the NFHS channel on the Roku Home Screen and press the * button on the remote are you given the option to remove the channel?  If so, remove it and then restart your Roku from Settings->System->System restart.  Once it's restarted add the channel again from Streaming Channels.

0 Kudos
98xlt98
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I use the * button on the remote for the NFHS app, "remove channel" is not a choice. It is a choice for most other apps on the TV. I have read that "remove channel" is never a choice for an app that is an active  subscription, like mine presently is. But the problem is this app will not allow me to watch a sports game for my local highschool. So I have a useless app that I cannot remove or use on the upstairs TV. But the app works correctly on the basement TV.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I'm definitely scratching my head.  Does it show up under your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions?                                                   

0 Kudos
98xlt98
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Well now you're contradicting yourself or you have two subscriptions.  If it shows up when you check at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions then you're paying through Roku.  If you were only paying through NFHS then Roku wouldn't have any way of knowing and it wouldn't show up on their website.  I'd suggest cancelling the subscription at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions .  At the very least that will allow you to remove the channel and add it again.  Just make sure you restart your TV from Settings->System->Power->System restart before you add it again.

0 Kudos