Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbri93

Re: NESN 360 ap not in the Streaming Channel search

Roku told me NESN is not on their platform! Wth right?

0 Kudos
bigbri93

Re: NESN 360 App not found in channel store

Roku said it is not on their platformScreenshot_20220605-150443_Twitter.jpg

0 Kudos
bigbri93

Re: NESN 360 App Not available

Roku told me NESN has been removed?? Screenshot_20220605-150443_Twitter.jpg

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@bigbri93 wrote:

Roku told me NESN is not on their platform! Wth right?

If it's not in the Channel Store (and it's not) then that is a true statement.

If it does finally appear (or reappear) in the Channel Store, then it will be on the platform.

Being in the Channel Store and being on the Roku platform are the same thing. Nothing is on the platform until it's in the Channel Store.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Juliazora
Reel Rookie

@Ian1225 wrote:

I am also having the same issue. I emailed NESN.  If you get an answer will you post here?  I will do the same.

This is what I heard from NESN today, 
"We are aware of the issue where Roku decided to remove the NESN 360 Ap from their platform without advance notice. We have escalated the issue and actively working to find a solution so that you can download the app on your Roku device as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Tags (1)
matt_VT
Reel Rookie

Re: NESN 360 App Not available

Here is the reply I received from NESN yesterday. Seems like NESN and ROKU are pointing at each other. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon. 

Response By Email (Yessamin) (06/04/2022 11:27 AM)
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for contacting NESN Support. We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are aware of the issue where Roku decided to remove the NESN 360 Ap from their platform without advance notice. We have escalated the issue and actively working to find a solution so that you can download the app on your Roku device as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
NESN Support 
0 Kudos
Ian1225
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
scarhill
Reel Rookie

So is this another case of Roku removing an app to try to get a revenue stream from a content provider, as they did with Youtube TV? It seems awfully suspicious when they remove the app as soon as NESN starts offering direct-to-consumer subscriptions.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@scarhill 

I have no idea why the app isn't in the Channel Store. But if someone told you Roku was trying to squeeze Google for money on the YouTube TV dustup, you need to be very wary of anything that person tells you. Because they'll give you bad information.

By the way, you do realize that Disney offers direct to consumer subscriptions. HBO offers direct to consumer subscriptions. Showtime offers direct to consumer subscriptions. Hulu offer direct to consumer subscriptions. Netflix offers direct to consumer subscriptions. ... Heck, we could be here all day.

Whatever the problem is, it's not because they offer direct to consumer subscriptions. Now, if NESN does not allow Roku Pay subscriptions -- that is, the ability for the user to subscribe via Roku Pay -- then yes, Roku would remove it. Roku requires that of everybody. Disney. Netlfix. Hulu (Disney again). Showtime. Starz. AMC+. And the list goes on.

Roku does not require that users subscribe via Roku Pay. But the apps must allow it if the consumer wants to do it that way.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Edwords

Here is the text I received from NESN today -- they clearly blame Roku:

Thank you for contacting NESN Support. We do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We are aware of an issue where Roku decided to remove the NESN 360 app from their platform without advance notice. We do not have a definite timeline on when how it will be resolved but we are still actively working to find a solution so that you can download the app on your Roku device as soon as possible.

As of now NESN 360 is only available on Android, iOS, computer or laptop browsers, and Apple TV.

Feel free to reply to this email or contact us at (800) 943-7602 if you have other questions or need further assistance.

Thanks,
NESN Customer Support

Just incredibly frustrating!!
0 Kudos