Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rocknrhue
Channel Surfer

NBC live problems persist

No problems with streaming live NBC until last night. Turned on NBC and it is constant flickering pixelations. Al other live channels fine. I tried all the suggested fixes. Reboot, volume leveling, switching audio mode and nothing works. Any suggestions other than contacting NBC? Do they even respond? 

10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NBC live problems persist

@Rocknrhue 

Are you using a live streaming service? An antenna? How are you getting NBC live content?

What Roku device are you using? Settings > System > About 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Rocknrhue
Channel Surfer

I have DirectTV in a different home/state  and stream off my Roku when I am in Kansas using DirectTV as my provider. I have tried streaming by just going through my smart tv and bypassing roku and I still get the pixelated flickering. I have wireless internet for my smart TV. 

my roku was switched to HDMI PVM-Stereo after reading some other suggestions online. I also changed menu volume to high with leveling audio. (I have no idea what any of this means, just letting you know what I read and did.) I deleted the NBC app and reinstalled it. None of these things helped. 
I have model 3920x Roku Premiere   The software version is 10.0.0 build 4209-91

i hope that gives you all the info you asked for. None of my other live streaming channels are affected. Nor is streaming old content on NBC. Does that make any sense to you? Appreciate any help you can offer. I emailed NBC but other than a standard list of common problems/solutions, I haven’t heard back from them about this specific issue.  Thank you!

0 Kudos

I live in Missouri and have DirectTV. I am trying to stream NBC on my computer and it says it is not provided by my TV provider, even though we have NBC on one of the TVs right now. I'm really scratching my head. Everything I've read leads me to believe it's an issue with a dispute between NBC and AT&T. AT&T dropped NBC last year and part of that deal affected streaming in certain areas. I don't know.

0 Kudos
Rocknrhue
Channel Surfer

I had a major issue last month streaming NBC on my TV through Direct TV/Roku. I tried all the troubleshooting stuff and nothing resolved it. I contacted NBC app support and it took them a week, but they finally got the issue fixed. Some internal issue. Hope you get yours resolved. 

0 Kudos
Larry-Gee

NBC App, LIVE Feed Selection - Poor Quality, Low Sound

For the past few weeks, the audio quality on ONLY the LIVE selection on the NBC app is low volume, without any dynamic range (tinny) and any time the letter "s" is said there a sharp hiss sound to it. It's very annoying and having to crank the TV volume to a high level setting requires having to remember to lower it before navigating anywhere else in the NBC app or other apps. This is the case on all of our Roku units. Again, this symptom is ONLY on the Roku NBC app, and ONLY when choosing the LIVE feed. Please troubleshoot and fix.

0 Kudos
cweimer68

Re: NBC App, LIVE Feed Selection - Poor Quality, Low Sound

I’m having same issue but mine is just poor volume and only on live streaming through ROKU with my Breezeline streaming service. Existing NBC content is fine as well as all other streaming through ROKU. NBC Live Streaming is all that’s affected.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@cweimer68  Roku does not develop the NBC channel. So if your having issues with the NBC channel contact NBC

0 Kudos
Pjm1

Yes- I am having the same issues with watching live on the NBC app. Very low volume.  Is this a problem that needs individual resolution with NBC  or will everyone with this issue be ok if NBC fixes it? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pjm1

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos