Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsmicklas

NBC app live TV streaming volume way too low

Jump to solution

Hisense ROKU TV purchased a month ago.  Downloaded 50 apps so far via my spectrum acct and all is good except the NBC app showing live TV.  Anything I watch needs me to adjust the TV volume 100% higher versus all other apps and live TV.  Can anyone fix the app so the volume is consistent with all other platforms?  Frustrating.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: NBC app live TV streaming volume way too low

Jump to solution

@Bmarler

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the NBC channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Pack

Jump to solution

Leveling helped tremendously but audio is still lower than other channels. Workable

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is a common complaint with the NBC app and watching Live TV.

You can try Volume Leveling:  During playback, press Options (*) then select Volume Mode=Leveling.

Otherwise, you need contact NBC (they develop and publish the NBC app): 

https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Alanclos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on all my roku tvs. The sound foe live tv in nbc app is extremely low!

on demand shows are fine. 

many ideas? (Leveling didn’t work) (uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t work)

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Alanclos wrote:

I have the same issue on all my roku tvs. The sound foe live tv in nbc app is extremely low!

on demand shows are fine. 

many ideas? (Leveling didn’t work) (uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t work)

Try Settings/HDMI/Audio=PCM Stereo

Otherwise, you need contact NBC (they develop and publish the NBC app): 

https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
ekp2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Leveling worked for me. 

WiiU-Dude

Jump to solution

AMEN and it's been like this for a long time. It was that way during the Olympics. It's not the app, it's NBC's feed. The volume is low if you view it through Peacock or USA too. There is something not right. I honestly can't believe they have not fixed this. NO OTHER channel has this issue ONLY NBC. It isn't a problem with an antenna, it's just NBC streaming that had WAY TOO low volume. I have to crank it up to 100 and it is still way too low.

Jump to solution

For me today, it's completely muted, only the NBC channel in the NBC app.  NBC news now channel sounds fine.

0 Kudos
Bmarler

Jump to solution

me too, no sound at all. i've tried all the troubleshooting tips and nothing works. only the nbc live feed. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bmarler

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the NBC channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Leveling didn't completely fix it for me, but it's much better.

0 Kudos