Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanceToastchee
Reel Rookie

NBC Sports App regional content has disappeared

Connected to my Roku last night to watch Phillies-Mets.   It was there at first, when I selected it it said I didn't have permission.  So I signed out then signed in again.    After signing in the content was all national.   I went to the "hubs"  and NBC Sports Philadelphia logo was white, the others were in color. 
When I selected the NBC Sports Philadelphia, the content was only 1 show from February.   Nothing else.  

I found out later the Roku had done a system update.    A day later, still no relevant content. 

What changed?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: NBC Sports App regional content has disappeared

Exactly what updated? There are operating systems updates and channel updates. If you go to settings/ system/ about it will tell you which Roku firmware you are running. But what you are speaking of isn’t a Roku issue. Roku does not develop with the NBC Sports app. So you logged in with your TV provider? Who is your TV provider?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @LanceToastchee

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

However, if the issue persists even after performing the suggestions above, please be aware that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LanceToastchee
Reel Rookie

Roku system update.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@LanceToastchee  How do you know it was a Roku system update? Like a firmware update. What version of Roku firmware are you running?

0 Kudos
LanceToastchee
Reel Rookie

Bevause the system said that it updated just about the time turned on the Roku

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@LanceToastchee You don’t turn on Roku’s. They are always on. Go to settings/system/about. What does it say for software version? Roku does not make the NBC Sports channel either 

0 Kudos
LanceToastchee
Reel Rookie

It turns off when you unplug your portable TV and move it.   

Please stop assuming I'm an idiot.   Your tone is offputting. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the NBC Sports App,   there is only 1 item in the content for NBC Sports Philadelphia.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@LanceToastchee  Relax. How is anybody supposed to know you’re using a portable TV and unplugging your TV and your Roku unless you told us. Roku’s does not develop the NBC sports channel. I suggest you reach out to NBC Sports. But RSN’s are dependent upon your ZIP Code and IP address. If you don’t have a local ZIP Code or a local IP address and you’re trying to watch local sports that may be the issue. The NBC Sports app requires ATV provider to login. it could be something related to the TV provider. But Roku has no control on how the channel behaves. Even the Roku employee advised you to reach out to NBC Sports. 

0 Kudos