Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyw717
Streaming Star

Re: NBC SPORTS APP Error Code: Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted

Jump to solution

@Hartley @nKIDDn @ernieba1 @SaraDfromSC @

I did receive a lengthy email from someone at support@nbcsports.com asking for more info. 

perhaps if others email the details more can be done. This was what they asked. I’ve also provided screen shots of the error on the screen.

• What type of device are you using?
    • What is the version of your device? 
      Android "settings" > "About Phone” > “Software Information”
      IOS "setting" > "General" > "About"
    • Have you tried other devices or browsers? If not, please attempt a different device and browser, and provide results. 
    • Who is your cable provider, and where are you located, i.e., city/state/zip code? 
    • If not already provided, what is the exact error you are receiving?
    • What are you attempting to stream?
    • Are you able to access any other content within the app?
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you are seeing an error message on Cloudpath error when accessing NBC Sports.

This seems an issue with channel authentication/logging in. If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, we'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: NBC Sports help support

We sincerely appreciate your patience with this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

ernieba1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

As stated in the thread, NBC refuses to acknowledge that the issue exists; many of us have reported this same experience. What do you recommend we do, given that NBC will not acknowledge or fix the issue? Get a Chromecast or AppleTV, where this issue doesn't seem to be happening?

Amyw717
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F

I have done that NUMEROUS times & nbc sports app support is not helping. Very upsetting no one can seem to try to work together as clearly this is an issue with the nbc sports app on Roku only. 

afmarsh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Dear ROKU Folks,

Please read this whole thread and stop telling us to log out, reinstall, shut down and contact NBC. All of these things have been done over and over by multiple people and DO NOT WORK.

Someone there needs to get with NBC, not us users. Finger pointing at each other needs to stop. This issue came up for all of us when the app was updated last month.

Thank you.

Mattd22

Jump to solution

Hi All!  just wanted to chime in. I am having the same problem on a Roku TV and a TV with a Roku stick. It occurred to me....Could this be a regional issue? I’m in the greater Philadelphia area and I think Comcast has restrictions about how their content is aired.

Amyw717
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Mattd22 I’m in the Sacramento area of California. I don’t think it’s a regional issue. From everything I’ve read of everyone’s post, this is a Roku thing that’s happening since NBC sports, updated the app, and it appears to be blocking all local Content… Whatever your local Content may be.

@RokuMary-F @RokuLianna @RokuKarla 

I think I can speak for everyone here, you need to elevate this request. Roku needs to partner with NBC Sports and figure out what is going wrong because clearly this is an issue, and it started when NBC Sports updated their app. We are getting nowhere with the NBC Sports folks, and because this is only happening on your platform, only on Roku, you need to partner with them to figure this out! All of us are paying for cable services right now and we are not able to access our local sports events, which is not OK. 

afmarsh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm in the Philly area too. This was never an issue before the latest update of the app. I've been watching the Phils and the Flyers on my Roku stick for years. 

Amyw717
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If everyone… Who hasn’t already done so… Can please try to message NBC sports at this email address and explain the issue including screenshots of the error. Maybe we will finally get some traction. I know it takes time and effort, but clearly this is an issue for not just us on this thread, but everyone across the country it sounds like.

support@nbcsports.com

afmarsh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

emailing NBC Sports doesn't do much for us here is the reply that I got:

Thank you for contacting our NBC Sports Support Team. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The NBC Sports App has been updated across most platforms. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the app downloaded on your device by visiting your device's app store and downloading the update.

If you need assistance with the newly updated app, please use the Contact Us feature within the app.

You can find this by clicking on your profile and scrolling down to Contact Us. This will allow you to submit a support request. Be sure to select NBC Sports in the form.

Thanks,

Manuel

NBC Sports Support