Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyw717
Streaming Star

NBC SPORTS APP Error Code: Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted

Jump to solution

There was an update to the NBC Sports app yesterday on the Roku. Now I’m getting a message that says the content is not available for wave broadband customers. This seems to be an accurate because I can login with my cable credentials on my phone or on my laptop and the streaming live sports content works fine. My cable provider was no help. I have restarted the Roku, I have removed the NBC Sports app, and reinstalled it, unlinked to my account and linked it again. Nothing is working and I’m still getting this message. We can’t attach photos here but I will post with the messages say below. 

We’re sorry, this content is currently unavailable forwavebroadband customers in your area.

Please contact your provider for more details.

Error Code: Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: NBC SPORTS APP Error Code: Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding getting an error code on the NBC Sports Channel.

We believe this issue is now resolved.

If you are still experiencing an issue with an error code on the NBC Sports Channel, we would recommend searching the Roku Community for another thread related to the issue you are experiencing. If no current Roku Community threads exist, we invite you to create a new thread depicting the details that you are experiencing including the steps to reproduce the issue, the channel version,  as well as the steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
327 REPLIES 327
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Amyw717-

Cloudpath errors relate to logging you into your subscription to a channel that uses the Cloudpath service for its subscription management, such as the NBC/Universal family of channels.

One thing that some have reported fixes Cloudpath errors is going into the channel on your Roku, finding the way to log/sign out. After signing out log/sign back in again to re-authenticate using your tv provider credentials.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

One more possibility -

If your local NBC station is currently not available via your normal TV provider (cable/satellite/etc) due to a carriage dispute, then you may not be able to stream NBC Sports.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
blufortwo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been getting the same error. It only happened once the app updated. But for me it says for Verizon customers. I can watch on phone but not on the TV anymore. It's happening on two TV's (one is a roku tv, the other is a tv with a roku device attached). I tried logging out, deleting the app, unplugging the roku, and reauthenticating. But it's still not working. I'm using my parents login so I've wondered if it could be that but I don't know why it still works on the phone which is also connected to my home network or why the issue only started after the app updated. 

Amyw717
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So this is happening to other people. This tells me it has something to do with the Roku communicating properly with the updated NBC sports app. I sure hope they figure this out soon because it’s very frustrating!

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users!

Welcome to the Roku Community!

The error code "Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted" on the NBC Sports app for Roku usually indicates an issue with your device's network connection or account status.

The error message suggests that your device's IP address has been blacklisted by NBC Sports due to a security issue or unauthorized access attempt. This could be caused by a variety of factors, including using a virtual private network (VPN) or proxy server, attempting to access the app from a restricted location, or violating the app's terms of service.

To resolve the issue, try the following steps:

• Check your network connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and has a stable network connection.
  • Restart your Roku device: Power off your Roku device and turn it back on again. This may help clear any temporary issues.
  • Clear the app cache: Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the NBC Sports app, and press the * button on your remote. Select "Remove channel" and confirm. Then, restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Contact NBC Sports support: If none of the above steps work, you can contact NBC Sports support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you resolve any account-related issues.

Keep in mind that blacklisted IP addresses may take some time to be cleared, so if the issue persists, you may need to wait for the blacklist to expire or contact NBC Sports support for further assistance.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

ernieba1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue; it started when the app updated, and streaming still works on other devices. I've emailed NBC and they refuse to acknowledge the issue (at one point claiming it was a problem with Verizon). Nothing Roku or NBC has suggested for troubleshooting has helped, including anything above.

I know this is NBC's issue, but Roku should really be stepping in and helping them resolve it, because this isn't happening on any other platforms. The reason anyone gets a Roku is because they don't usually have these kinds of problems.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @ernieba1

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend following the suggestion posted by @RokuLianna above. If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to NBC directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the NBC channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. 

Regards,
Karla

SaraDfromSC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. Used to be able to stream local sports events no problem. Now I get the error with my Verizon login. Like others, I can access the content on my phone and laptop that are connected to the same WiFi. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps (unlinking, reinstalling, etc etc). Nothing is working. I can access all the other NBC content, just not the live games in my local area. Grrrr...

ernieba1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for your help. As I wrote in my message, I followed the directions given and they didn't resolve the issue, and I reached out the the app developers, and they won't acknowledge that there's an issue, despite so many of us experiencing the exact same thing.