Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ericab1013
Reel Rookie

My xfinity app stopped working.

now out of no where it's not working. I keep getting the sorry! something went wrong. please try again message. (error:-500)

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My xfinity app stopped working.

@Ericab1013 

Let's start simple. Sometimes these steps will resolve the issue with the Xfinity app.

Restart the Roku. You didn't say what model Roku you have, but through the menu, it could be Settings > System > Restart, or if it's a Roku TV, look under the power settings on the menu.

You could ensure your Roku OS is up to date. Settings > System > Update (worded similar to that).

You could ensure your app is up to date. Highlight the app, Options button, Update.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ericab1013
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes I have a roku premiere. I did a restart and also a factory rest and updated the system and still isn't working.😫

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Ericab1013 

I would stay away from the factory reset right now. However, the fact that you did it and no improvement isn't a good sign.

You have a Roku Premiere. However, there were two very different versions of that device. I've had both, and they both worked well. So, let's determine which version. The model number will tell us. Settings > System > About

I'm going to assume you have the model 3920 for now, as that was in production the longest.

Let's confirm a couple of obvious things first. These are things that I'm assuming, but we should confirm all of them. If any of these are not true, that's important, and we need to know, as that will tell us what steps we need to take.

• You have Xfinity Internet service.
  • You have Comcast/Xfinity for cable TV service on the same account.
  • You are on the Xfinity Internet service that includes to the Comcast/Xfinity cable service.
  • You are not at another location.
  • Your account is not past due.

I'm not trying to get into your business with that last question, but if Comcast mis-applied your last payment, that could cause the status. Check to make sure your last payment was applied correctly.

If all of that checks out, have you tried removing the app, rebooting the Roku, and reinstalling the app? it's gotta be done in that order.

Generally, a factory reset (which you did) would cover this, particularly if you did the factory reset via the menu system instead of the button. Regardless, give it one more try. keep in mind, the order is important.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Don't mix up the order of the steps.

You've done everything you should do, but let's verify these things just to be sure where we are.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Wolfermist

I did all these things and nothing. Was working two days ago and now I get a sorry message. "Something went wrong, please try again later" Roku express +

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wolfermist

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep su posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mcsemon

I had that same code I reset roku to factory setting and downloaded xfinity app and now it works

0 Kudos