Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randerton
Channel Surfer

My full screen is a pink shade .

I have experienced the same issue (pink screen) using both my Roku 4K Ultra and my newer Roku 4K streaming stick.  I use the streaming stick on multiple TV's as we travel around - right now it is creating a pink screen on a TCL Roku TV.  This occurs on all channels and can only be resolved by restarting the streaming stick.  This is exactly the same issue I have with my Roku 4K Ultra using with an LG OLED TV.  Same resolution there as well.  So this is clearly an issue with some of the Roku devices as it occurs using more than one of my Roku devices and on more than one TV.  The common factor for me is it's only happened on my 4K Roku devices - my older Roku's (I have 6 Roku devices) don't experience this issue.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My full screen is a pink shade .

Hello! @randerton,

We appreciate your post.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • How are you powering your Roku device?
  • If possible, video and/or pictures of the issue.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randerton
Channel Surfer

I have been experiencing this issue on my Roku 4K Ultra for about a year now - that is the one I use in conjunction with an LG OLED TV.  Restarting the Roku always resolves the issue but it is annoying to continually have to do this - averages about every other day.  This issue is now also occuring with a newer Roku 4K streaming stick we use when we travel - so that pink screen occurs on multiple TV's as we travel around.  We always power from an outlet vs the USB connection of the TV.   This occurs regardless of the application we are using and is not channel dependent in any manner.  Happy to attached a picture the next time it happens but just picture the entire screen having a heavy pink shade which makes the picture unwatchable - audio is still just fine.  It appears many others have experienced the same from this community.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@randerton,

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • We will wait for the picture if the issue persists.

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
randerton
Channel Surfer

I have not yet found a solution.  I logged it as a ticket with Roku Support and they wanted me to send them a screenshot of the TV when the problem reoccurs - which it has not yet - but it will...  Seems to be associated with only those Roku devices I have that are 4K capable as it has never happened on any of my older non-4K Roku's.  Still a bit of a mystery...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nicholasnickel,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'll be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following information below?

• What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)
  • Could you send us a photo or video clip of your running problem?
  • Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kokowu
Reel Rookie

Still no remedy months later. Tv was fine last night now its a pinkish purple shade in every channel once a show begins to play but it’s normal navigating various apps. Only happens on playback

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kokowu,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused with the playback issue. That's not what we aim for. Have you tried to remove and reinstall the affected channel? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps that you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.).
  3. Reinstall the channel. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos