Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark50

My accounts in the Spotify app won't start

Jump to solution

The account in my Spotify won't start. The app opens and shows the accounts, but when I press the OK button to start one of the accounts listed, it does nothing. It won't even let me remove an account. I have tried the system restart, uninstall/install app, checked for updates, turn off TV and unplug both TV and roku, restart modem/router. I have an Emerson TV with a Roku Express 4K+ connected to it. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My accounts in the Spotify app won't start

Jump to solution

@dominoShane, it's not "rokus spotify sign in".  It's Spotify's app and they're responsible for how it works.

Try removing the app by highlighting the icon on your Home Screen, pressing * on your remote, and choosing "Remove app".  Then restart your Roku by selecting "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System-Power (depending on your device).  Once it restarts, add the app again.  You should be back to the initial screen that shows "Log in" or "Sign up for free" the next time you launch the Spotify app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mark50,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done and Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We understand you are having difficulties accessing your Spotify account on your Roku device.

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Support - Spotify

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i have this same issue. it is NOT a spotify account issue. the launch screen will not allow selection of the account. it sees my roku associated account, but clicking on it does nothing. no error just nothing. "sign up ", "remove account" and "add account" can be selected. Just not the actual sign in. there are no other options. the remote enter button is functional, the remote is not broken. rokus spotify sign in is just unresponsive 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dominoShane, it's not "rokus spotify sign in".  It's Spotify's app and they're responsible for how it works.

Try removing the app by highlighting the icon on your Home Screen, pressing * on your remote, and choosing "Remove app".  Then restart your Roku by selecting "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System-Power (depending on your device).  Once it restarts, add the app again.  You should be back to the initial screen that shows "Log in" or "Sign up for free" the next time you launch the Spotify app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos