Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_chehade

My Roku channel is not working!

Hello, 

It's been over a year now, everytime I want to watch something on the Roku channel it goes blank. I'm able to load the Roku channel. But once I'm in the channel I can't view anything as nothing loads when I want to watch a movie, a TV show or even the Roku live channel. What should I do to fix this problem? 

Model: 3810A-Roku streaming stick +

Serial number - YH009R597929

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-50

Device ID 265139598929

IP address 192.168.0.101

Wireless Mac address 84:EA:ED:58:57:AC

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku channel is not working!

Hi @r_chehade.

Thank you for the details you have shared with us! We apologize for the inconvenience, and we're happy to look into this.

Could you tell us the steps you have taken so far? Also, is the Roku Channel the only app affected by the issue? Have you tried rebooting your router just to check for streaming differences? 

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel.
  2. Perform a system reboot. Navigate to your home and select Settings System Power (skip if unavailable) System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel.

If the issue is persistent, could you provide us with the following:

• Channel's build version by highlighting the channel on the Roku home screen and clicking the star button (*) on your remote.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Your response is highly anticipated.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos