Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROKU TV will not accept password.

Jump to solution

Good Evening:

Will someone please tell me what I am doing incorrectly?  I started the BritBox 7 day free trial.  When I go into BritBox from the home screen on my ROKU TV and try to sign in, it will not accept my password.  I changed my password and it still will not accept it.  I even tried to resubscribe thinking maybe it didn't take the first time, but it told me that my email address already existed, so now I know it went through, I just can't watch it.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I would be ever so grateful!!!  

Humbly Requesting:

Grace Anne

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My ROKU TV will not accept password.

Jump to solution

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community, @GracieAnneMarie!

Thank you for reporting the issue with accessing the BritBox channel using your account credentials. We want to offer some troubleshooting steps to assist you.

Please ensure you are accessing the BritBox channel directly from the standalone channel. Furthermore, kindly follow the steps provided below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

If the issue persists, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider directly and informing them that you are experiencing problems accessing their channel using your account credentials on your Roku device. They are responsible for providing and maintaining their channel on the Roku streaming platform and can assist you in resolving any problems you encounter. 

You can reach them here: BritBox Support.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community, @GracieAnneMarie!

Thank you for reporting the issue with accessing the BritBox channel using your account credentials. We want to offer some troubleshooting steps to assist you.

Please ensure you are accessing the BritBox channel directly from the standalone channel. Furthermore, kindly follow the steps provided below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

If the issue persists, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider directly and informing them that you are experiencing problems accessing their channel using your account credentials on your Roku device. They are responsible for providing and maintaining their channel on the Roku streaming platform and can assist you in resolving any problems you encounter. 

You can reach them here: BritBox Support.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GracieAnneMarie-

Two questions:

• How did you sign up for the free trial?  Through Roku?  Directly with Britbox on their website?  Through some other third party like Amazon, Hulu, etc.?
  • How are you trying to access Britbox on your Roku TV?   Through The Roku Channel?  On the separate Britbox app installed on your Roku?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos