Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gino111f
Reel Rookie

Movieland TV WAS back for a few weeks, now it is gone again. WTH???

A few months ago Movieland TV was missing, but I didn't remember the name of it. Months later I was searching old obscure movies from the 1970's and a search result showed me it was playing in Movieland TV. That was the channel that went missing. I was now so happy to see it back as they had alot of older great movies on there. Sadly I just went through my channels this morning only to see it's gone again. Why don't we get an explanation why it's removed? Just hoping it shows up again someday again.

"They" don't realize that fans of these movies most likely already own the movies, but also watch on digital at times. Also by taking channels down they r really not limiting all the ways we can actually watch the movies anyway. Movies over 25 years old and they still trying to make a buck from it. I'm a cartoonist but only get a one time payment for my creations, but movies and music like to milk their fans. Movieland TV needs to be made legit and not just taken down with no clue as to where it has gone.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Movieland TV WAS back for a few weeks, now it is gone again. WTH???

Hi @gino111f,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about Movieland TV. Please be advised that we don't have details as to why the channel was removed.

You'll want to contact the channel's support directly to inquire further about that channel's features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Also, you can view why a channel may be removed here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Strega2
Roku Guru

If you want to make something legit you should be working with legislators.  Content owners will be going after copyright infringers for as long as the law is written in that way. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
salado
Channel Surfer

Give us a contact number, email, phone?   We want Movieland TV BACK

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, if Roku pulled it, it was probably a DMCA takedown. Don't remember who was behind Movieland.TV, but if they are breaking the law, they probably don't want people to easily contact them.

0 Kudos
Mike007

Yes it was on last night but cancelled YET AGAIN today.

Why doesn’t Roku understand that this is probably the most popular TV app/ channel on their box.

STOP CANCELLING IT - THE VIEWERS LOVE IT!!!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I EXTREMELY doubt it is their most popular. If they keep breaking the law, Roku must block them or face civil and even criminal charges. They are probably lying to Roku about fixing the copyright issues.

0 Kudos
babalopa
Reel Rookie

Please provide us with a contact number and email address. We are eager to see Movieland TV return,

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

There are numerous threads about Movieland.TV. Maybe one of them had contact information. There is/was a movieland.tv web site, but it's just blank. That is another bad sign, assuming it's the same company.

I did find this:

https://roku.guide/details/movieland-tv/10931445 

0 Kudos
Joese
Channel Surfer

It's back as of  01 9. 2024

0 Kudos