Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rall4

Movie Edits, scenes cut out, replaying previous segments

Does Roku edit movies?  I don’t mean in the sense of adding adds, but cutting parts out and actually editing the movie?  I watched Donnie Darko and the movie has weird parts where they seem to have cut parts out and replayed a previous segment.  When you try to fast forward the small clip showing at bottom is correct, but when you play it’s still the overlapped previous segment.  I tried on mobile as well as tv and does the same thing.  I have seen the movie a bunch and know 100% that is not how the movie goes.  Just curious if this is a common issue or something else entirely.

6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movie Edits, scenes cut out, replaying previous segments

@Rall4 

You didn't say what app you're using. Amazon? Netflix? The Roku Channel? Tubi? FilmRise? I could go on, but you get the idea.

My suggestion will likely be that the app/service provider either edited the film, or, more likely, go it from the distributor that way. Of course, there could be a glitch.

And, if your answer is The Roku Channel, you may notice that it will sometimes list the source, such as FilmRise, ahead of the streaming.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TslaTroll

Had the same problem last night. I downloaded the “Roku channel free TV for you” app on Samsung TV. i’ve seen the movie several times, great movie but The movie glitched out on ROKU at least 15 to 20 times, seemed like a montage. It kept playing scenes that had previously already happened. I have Roku stock so please fix this!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TslaTroll

Thanks for the post.

What specific title were you seeing this issue occur with within The Roku Channel app?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m watching it now. It is crazy glitched. Goes from one scene then back to a previous one then back to the original. You have to watch to understand. The title is Donnie Darko

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tknight1792,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? Does this happen on all movies/shows in the channel or just specific titles? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenJudy

Yep. I was watching One Small Hitch and they completely cut out the scene where the characters get together. So they skip from each staring to realize they like each other (in 2 separate locations) to suddenly smooching in an afterglow over breakfast. I’m on the Roku Channel app. This seems like a copyright issue to cut a critical scene. 

From what I read in other comments, they are really messing up several movies. If I owned rights to these movies, I’d be crazy not to sue. 

0 Kudos