Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatSmith
Level 7

Movie Diane is Showing Wrong Movie

Jump to solution

I'm trying to watch the movie "Diane" but another movie plays in its place.  How can I get this corrected?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movie Diane is Showing Wrong Movie

Jump to solution

@CatSmith 

The description listed under the Roku Search for Diane (2018) starring Mary Kay Place available on Roku Channel and Pluto for free is in error.  The movie that is playing is actually Diane (2017) starring Jason Alan Smith.  Currently this Diane (2017) is showing available for free under Tubi and Plex.

This happens occasionally when multiple movies have the same title.  In this case, I think the description box is just wrong.  The 2018 Diane is also showing as available under IFC Films Unlimited that is offering a 7 day free trial.  Could sign up and try if the correct one is playing there.  Just make sure to cancel your subscription before the 7 days to avoid being charged.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CatSmith 

The description listed under the Roku Search for Diane (2018) starring Mary Kay Place available on Roku Channel and Pluto for free is in error.  The movie that is playing is actually Diane (2017) starring Jason Alan Smith.  Currently this Diane (2017) is showing available for free under Tubi and Plex.

This happens occasionally when multiple movies have the same title.  In this case, I think the description box is just wrong.  The 2018 Diane is also showing as available under IFC Films Unlimited that is offering a 7 day free trial.  Could sign up and try if the correct one is playing there.  Just make sure to cancel your subscription before the 7 days to avoid being charged.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
CatSmith
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the quick, helpful, and thorough reply.  I really appreciate it.