Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Basic_User

Most Dangerous Game: New York - Doesn't show up

Roku Live TV has the ads for "Most Dangerous Game: New York" ; however, when I go to the Roku Channel on any of my Roku-TVs, the Roku-Stick, or even from the Roku-Channel-Website this series does not show up.

I've tried searching for the series both from within the Roku Channel and from the Home-Screen search and all that turns up are the original movies that I either have to rent or have a subscription to the pay-service.

The only way I've been able to find the series is to use a search-engine that then takes me to the landing page for the show.

What gives?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Most Dangerous Game: New York - Doesn't show up

Hi @Basic_User,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community.

This particular series is available on the platform, but it can only be accessed through premium subscriptions on MGM+, Fandor, Midnight Pulp, and Screenbox on The Roku Channel. This means that the content is not free, but rather a premium service that requires a subscription.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DramaCurious
Reel Rookie

Hi ERey,

Thanks for letting us know this, but couldn't Roku have made this easier to discover?

I don't have a Roku device, and don't want one.  But I don't mind subscribing to Roku.

So I tried to set up a yearly or monthly subscription an hour ago.  Not a 'free trial', but just a subscription to get started and watch Most Dangerous Game: New York first.

But Roku makes it impossible to simply start the subscription.  I have to do the 7 day free trial first.

Fine, I went ahead and started the trial.  But now I can't find Most Dangerous Game: New York streaming anywhere.

Where do we find MGM+, Fandor, Midnight Pulp, and Screenbox on Roku?  Is it necessary to have a Roku device, or can we do it through the android app?

Can you just forward a link to some of these premium services so I can get started watching the movies or tv programs I like?  This is just too complicated, trying to figure out how to get the good stuff that's advertised everywhere without a specific link.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @DramaCurious!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to assist you with this.

You can always stream through our official website and log into your Roku account. From there, you can try to search for your favorite TV shows or movies but please be advised that the available streaming shows will be limited. Some independent channels may not be available on our website as you can only stream through The Roku Channel.

For subscriptions, you can also refer to our Channel store to learn more information and details.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DramaCurious
Reel Rookie

Thanks, but I've already used these avenues to try and find the specific series I'm looking for.

I was asking a specific question, and you're just telling me to search again.

This is a waste of time, more than 5 hours already.  I'll just wait a year or two, until it becomes available on Amazon elsewhere.  I cancelled my upcoming subscription, Roku is too difficult to navigate.

0 Kudos