Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VNovaCat92
Reel Rookie

Monumental Sports Network -- volume fluctuates

Jump to solution

In the last two weeks or so, the volume for the broadcast of Washington Capitals games (maybe other content on the channel too, but I am only watching Caps games on this channel) has been wildly inconsistent, ranging up and down on it's own.  It's like not having a strong signal on a radio station, but it's not fuzzy or anything, just goes up and down.  I am using a TCL Roku TV 55" Model 55R635 and an LG soundbar that's less than a year old.  I don't have this problem with any other channel or any other streaming content.  It is only on MSM and I've only noticed it with Caps game but it is *not* insignificant in variation.  I have gig speed FIOS and the TV is ethernet wired directly to the the router.  And this is only a recent phenomenon.  Please help!  Caps games very important to my family!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Monumental Sports Network -- volume fluctuates

Jump to solution

Thank you for clarifying and for the added information, @VNovaCat92.

In this case, we can also offer some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the audio issues you've been having with the YouTube channel as we completely understand how important a certain show is to you and your family. 

With this being said, kindly follow the following steps: (please ensure that you follow the steps accurately to ensure success)

1. Remove channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After doing so, kindly highlight the channel tile of YouTube TV and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @VNovaCat92,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the MSM channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VNovaCat92
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi John, thanks for the welcome and the guidance.  I thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't figure out how to do what you were saying.  It then occurred to me I failed to tell you I am encountering this problem when I am streaming MSM *through youtubetv*!!!  So this forum may not be the appropriate place to ask my question.  However you've likely solved my problem in another way, which is I now realize your answer was tailored to the MSM channel on the Roku tv main screen.  So I've now downloaded that channel, synced it up with my yttv account so I can stream Caps games that way and I am guessing the audio problems will disappear.

Am I correct that you can't offer guidance on my problem within the context of yttv package?   I haven't searched yet, but I am determined to get this issue some attention, so if you know of a better place for me to explore that further, I'd be appreciative of any suggestions.

Thanks much for your help!  Cheers!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for clarifying and for the added information, @VNovaCat92.

In this case, we can also offer some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the audio issues you've been having with the YouTube channel as we completely understand how important a certain show is to you and your family. 

With this being said, kindly follow the following steps: (please ensure that you follow the steps accurately to ensure success)

1. Remove channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After doing so, kindly highlight the channel tile of YouTube TV and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
VNovaCat92
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Carly and John, I finally got to test this all out last night and it worked!  Thanks so much to you both for your help.  Have a great day!