Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tightpurchaser
Channel Surfer

Missing Roku Live Content

I watch streaming apps through Roku Streaming Stick+.  If it is relevant, I have both Windows 10 and Mac Monterey on my wireless network.  After the Roku Live App appeared in my lineup, I used it to watch news channels.  Yesterday, around late afternoon, I scrolled up beyond the first of the news channels and saw an entry on the schedule for "Big Band."  So, having planned to return to the schedule later in the evening, I went back to the schedule.  In the same place were a group of Hispanic channels, no "Big Band."  Disappointed, I could not figure out what happened.  Was there a music channel called "Big Band;" and could Roku have taken it down?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing Roku Live Content

Hi @tightpurchaser,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having problems with missing cable channels. We sincerely apologize for this experience. Kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power (if this is not an option, kindly skip the step) > System Restart. After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels. You can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels. Also, updating the correct zip code information might help.
Alternatively, here's how you can access "over-the-air" broadcast television:

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the "Ant/Cable In" connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Please keep us posted with the above information, and we will continue to assist you should you need further aid. We look forward to hearing your response.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tightpurchaser
Channel Surfer

Chel, all those steps are not necessary.  Early today I went back to the schedule and found the entry for "Big Band." It was a program on one of those Hispanic stations, current music, not the retro stuff I like.  Thanks for acknowledging.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@tightpurchaser,

Thanks for the update!

Could you tell us under what channel # is this? We'd like to take a closer look.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tightpurchaser
Channel Surfer

Rey, I just brought the schedule up for Roku Live.  It is 1104, VR+.  The show "Big Band" aired already as it was on earlier.  The channel is above 115, an ABC Prime News channel.  The music, also consisting of video, is something like Salsa, dance music or Texan.  Too current for my taste.  Thanks for acknowledging.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@tightpurchaser,

Thanks for the update!

I'll take care of this and will forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

We'll make sure to flag you back if there's any update available about this.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tightpurchaser
Channel Surfer

This site has a mind of its own.  Chel and Rey, thanks for following up with this.  However, in my last post, I typed "Tejano," not "Texan."  Some unappointed person running this site edited my post!

0 Kudos