Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtnjade13

Missing Episodes for multiple shows

I watch multiple different shows on my Roku Channel and I have come to find out that there are missing episodes. I was watching Walker, Texas Ranger with Chuck Norris and there were multiple episodes missing from the season lineups and some where duplicates. Is there a way to fix this. I love watching the show because it takes me back to my childhood and it is a bit frustrating to not be able to watch the episodes in order.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Carmoe

Re: Missing Episodes for multiple shows

I see season 1,2,3,6,7 only but missing season 4,5,8,9 as I looked it up before purchasing this ultra unit thinking it gave all episodes. My free plug in did the same.

I thought by buying the device you get all.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mtnjade13 @Carmoe,

Thanks for posting your inquiry here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. It's possible that the content was removed as TV show and movie content availability may vary at times on The Roku Channel. We would recommend checking periodically to see if the content returns in the future.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Dear Takashi O. (Roku Community Moderator),

Check back later, lol. That is a lame answer to the OP's original complaint. Roku's way of celebrating the 30 year anniversary of "Walker, Texas Ranger" by omitting half of the episodes is really disappointing. Roku needs to do better.

--Tim--

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @timknowsbest,

Thanks for keeping us posted, and we sincerely apologize for this.

Rest assured that we'll extend our help to resolve this issue, and we'll be needing additional information to work on the issue. Can you please provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information you provide is essential for us to resolve the issue, and we'll be looking forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
samiam_68

Walker Texas Ranger Season 3 episodes 17 and 23 are missing.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @samiam_68,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries. The appropriate Roku team would be more than willing to further investigate your concern and fix this as soon as possible, as your satisfaction is what we aim for. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this matter. 

Feel free to contact us again if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and take immediate action as we are committed to finding a solution to your concerns.

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1oldbroad
Reel Rookie

Missing most episodes on all shows on Roku and Brit- Box.  Upsetting, as I pay for Brit-Box.   Prime is aok so it’s not the router or Wi-Fi provider.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

For content on The Roku Channel, Roku has to license that content from the content owners. Very often, the content owners will not permit Roku (or other providers, this isn't specific to Roku) to have access to all seasons and on occasion to individual episodes. That is beyond Roku's control. They can either accept the seasons/episodes offered or they can't stream any of the content. So they likely decide to at least offer some of the content. 

As for BritBox, you have to take that up with the BBC. Roku has no control over the content available in the channels from other providers. The Roku Channel is the only channel that they have control of the content, with the restrictions I mentioned above. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos