Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William94
Reel Rookie

Midsomer in French on Canadian Roku Streaming. Why? Language setting is in English.

Why would Roku suddenly change all episodes of Midsomer Murders (in Canada at least) to French?

It's baffling, especially since my language settings are in English.

I would recommend returning to the original English programming. It IS a UK show after all.

5 REPLIES 5
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: Midsomer in French on Canadian Roku Streaming. Why? Language setting is in English.

If you press the * key and go to:

Accessibility & captions > Audio track

Is there an English language track available?

0 Kudos
Aeickmeier

Re: Midsomer in French on Canadian Roku Streaming. Why? Language setting is in English.

I cannot change the language to English. Is this an error on Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @William94 @Aeickmeier,

Welcome, and thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Where are you trying to watch the Midsomer Murders? (The Roku channel, Tubi, Pluto, Spectrum) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
William94
Reel Rookie

Not sure if my last post went through.

Season One on the Roku Channel specifically are entirely in French. Later seasons are in English.

Tubi is OK and airs Midsomer in English.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @William94.

We sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you. No worries. The appropriate Roku team would be more than happy to further review your concern and fix this as soon as possible. Kindly provide us with the following details below so that we may be able to forward this effectively:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos