Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Midnight Pulp channel closes after launch

Jump to solution

Today I found that the Midnight Pulp channel closes after launch. The channel opens, displays a logo, then a throbber, then immediately closes.

I tried removing the channel, rebooting, updating, then adding the channel back. It did not solve the problem. (I also tried powering off by disconnecting power then powering back on instead of rebooting, it had no effect.)

My Midnight Pulp subscription costs me $4.99 per month.

- Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version
Device Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ00A4777475
Device ID: CK386A777475
Software OS/Version: 12.0.0 Build 4184-46
GC Version: 9.2.113

- Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel
Yes, Midnight Pulp, version 6.1 build 21032023

- Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
75-209-191 (Timestamp: 2023-05-26T06:31:05Z)

- Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Add and launch Midnight Pulp on a Roku 4660X (2017 Roku Ultra). The channel opens, displays a logo, then a throbber, then immediately closes.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Midnight Pulp channel closes after launch

Jump to solution

Hi @Psilobite,

Saw your post!

Thanks for your effort in letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when playing content on the Midnight Pulp channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

If the issue persists and you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Psilobite,

Saw your post!

Thanks for your effort in letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when playing content on the Midnight Pulp channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

If the issue persists and you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos