Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfoster50
Channel Surfer

Maximum Streaming Connections Exceeded with Bally Sports Plus App

Recently installed the Bally Sports app on two of our Roku devices, and subscribed to the Bally Sports Sun service - which advertises that it supports two simultaneous streams. (We are still within the 7-day free trial period.) My wife and I tried watching the live stream of a Tampa Bay Lightning game on two different Rokus in two different rooms. Shortly after I began streaming on the second Roku, she received an error on her Roku that the maximum number of streams had been reached. No other devices (Roku, laptop, smartphones) were accessing the stream.

Bally Support had me try accessing one stream on my smartphone and one stream on my laptop. I did so successfully. They informed me that they had anumber of reports of Roku users that experienced the same issue as us, and to contact Roku Support. So here I am.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Maximum Streaming Connections Exceeded with Bally Sports Plus App

@jfoster50

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dontwanna

I’m having the same problem and this solution didn’t work

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Dontwanna

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfoster50
Channel Surfer

Removing the channels, restarting the devices, then re-adding the channels did not clear up the issue.

0 Kudos
jfoster50
Channel Surfer

In case the second paragraph of the original post was cut off... The channel provider sent me to you. To wit:

"Bally Support had me try accessing one stream on my smartphone and one stream on my laptop. I did so successfully. They informed me that they had anumber of reports of Roku users that experienced the same issue as us, and to contact Roku Support. So here I am."

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @jfoster50

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Bally Sports channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jfoster50
Channel Surfer

I agree. Which is why Bally was my first contact for support. However they used your same logic to show that the error only occurs on the Roku platform, but not the Android nor Windows platforms, to indicate that it's likely an issue with Roku. Furthermore, they informed me that other customers are having the same issue - but only on Roku. So if neither of Roku's suggestions (uninstall/restart/reinstall, and contact Bally) address this issue, we've reached an impasse watching the proverbial ball bounce between Roku's and Bally's courts. Let's just add this issue as a data point in case others encounter the same thing (as Bally has), and call it closed/unresolvable.

Regards