Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrEmerson
Reel Rookie

Re: Max not working all of a sudden.

I'm having the Max problem over the last week or two (but not until then), with two different Roku Express models. One is Roku Express "New" HD Streaming... bought May 2023 on Amazon. Here's something interesting:

I got out my older Roku Express (bought in Nov. 2018) to try with Max; hadn't been used since May 2023. The Max app had to update (HBO Max was still on it), and then the chosen show appeared to play fine. I went away, planning to watch later. When the Roku was turned back on, it wanted to update its own software. Once that was done, the error messages returned.

The newer Roku is running Software version 12.5.5, Build 4174-ED

Error message shots attached. Tracker ID for problem: "Issue ID CY-072-993"

Model 3960X - Roku Express

Serial number X02600K7MDCY (S0KC3297MDCY)

GC Version 10.7.26

IMG_0455.jpgIMG_0454.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MrEmerson,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your contact about this and the added information on this case. Please be aware that this is currently being investigated by the appropriate Roku team.

I'll take care of this information and share it with them for further investigation. Once an update is available, we'll make sure to drop it here.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
DrewNJ
Binge Watcher

I no longer have the error message but will reply when it happens again.

Issue report tracker

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600CDAC7P (S07P21CDAC7P)

Software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-CR

GC version: 10.7.26

Timestamp: 2024-02-21T01:09:39Z

Please use issue ID 7P-073-509 to report the current

Roku account

drewh@optonline.net

Model

3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number

X01600CDAC7P

Software version

12.5.5 • build 4174-CR

Uptime

24 days 18 hours 5 minutes

Roku support

roku.com/support

Device ID

S07P21CDAC7P

Network name

FLL15

P address

Wireless, MAC address

20:EF:BD:67:B4:4B

0 Kudos
DrewNJ
Binge Watcher

IMG_1390.jpeg
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DrewNJ,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

We appreciate the information provided and for getting back with us here in the Roku Community.

I'll take care of this information and forward it over to the appropriate Roku team for an additional update.

Once information is available, we'll make sure to keep this thread posted.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

I have updated, reinstalled, and the max won’t go past blue screen. Nothing is working 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kristina1214,

Thank you for letting us know. We understand that you're having issues with the Max app, and we appreciate the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix this concern.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the home button five times, followed by the back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Max app version
  • A clip or photo of the said issue.

Ensure all details are provided; this will help the team fully investigate your concern. We're hoping for your response.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrewNJ
Binge Watcher

Roku is obviously not caring about this at all.  I originally reported this thru tech support on 12/17/2023, and this thread has been open since 12/19/2023 with no resolution.  That’s more than 2 months with no help or resolution.  I say goodbye to Roku and all their products for the future!

MrEmerson
Reel Rookie

Agree with Drew. I haven't been without Max as long as he has, but it's amazing that a gigantic installed base is having to do without such a basic component of what this product is for. I also think that some actual information should be posted here by Roku; and not just "the appropriate people are working on it."

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DrewNJ @MrEmerson,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We sympathize with your aggravation with the Max channel problem. To help our relevant Roku team investigate this issue further, we would like to seek further information. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this community thread. In the meantime, can you please provide the following details that have been asked by @RokuJanadeeK above?

Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos