Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrius_pk
Reel Rookie

Re: Max channel stuck on splash screen

Thank you @RokuTakashi 

An apology for writing in my first language, thanks for reminding me the main language of the forum. Now, I followed the following steps that you already described in the first post: 

1. Check for a system update through Settings System Software update.
  2. Restart your Roku device through Settings System Power System restart.

I have installed and uninstalled the HBO Max channel on my ROKU Premiere device but it hasn't worked, as I always keep getting stuck at the screen suggesting me to upgrade the channel to MAX (blue icon). 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Andrius_pk,

Thanks for the update!

We really do appreciate the troubleshooting steps taken for this.

We would recommend reinstalling the app and making sure to restart the device before adding it back.

To make sure the process is successful, please follow the guided steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Danny

While I don't experience this issue on my 4800R, I notice severe audio volume issues with this app. My AVR is 100w/channel and when viewing content on Max I have to crank the volume to almost 50% to get a decent listening volume. Compared to Tubi or Prime, its ridiculous. I also find the lag annoying and its obvious HBO failed to correct it from the previous app iteration. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos