Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCotto
Reel Rookie

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Device model - 3900X - Roku Express 

Serial number - YG0072850083

Device ID - C33897850083

OS Version - not found 

Troubleshooting - I have reset my roku / I have checked to for MAX app updates / I have ununstalled & reinstalled the app

#MAX #error @Rokusupport

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Hi, @JCotto 

Warmest of welcomes.

We acknowledge that you're having the same issue as everyone else here in the Roku Community. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by other users here in this thread? If not, we recommend giving it a try since they have reported that it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Takashi

There is a "WORK-AROUND" and not a full resolution.   By creating a 2nd profile on Max (actually a dummy profile), it will allow you to log onto Max.

The work-around should not be considered a "resolution" as the issue still remains. 

Having a dummy account sitting around is a security issue. And, while this will allow single users to log onto Max, it is still something that Roku and Max still need to fix.

JCotto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Michael-Alan 

Thanks Bro, that work-around did the trick.

Appreciate the assist, 

- James 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I found a response below, stating to hit the "go back" option again and again until you were prompted to enter your account pin. This worked for me! 

birdsami

Jump to solution

model #3810X    serial# YH000D752541   devise ID  215030752541  software  8C:49:62:64:2C:87

MAX *  56.0 build 2

tracker ID  41-075-754

I removed MAX then reloaded wasn't even able to get to sign in page just the same error message

Blahblahblah09
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok i saw this in an earlier post i believe… Hit the back button until it prompts for your pin Once into the app create a second profile and you will not see that error again. at least worked for me. 

0 Kudos