Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We understand that you are getting an error message when trying to stream the Max Channel. We're aware of the issue and the appropriate team has been investigating this issue closely. We'll get back to you once we have an update and I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Tazodin,

Hitting the back button repeatedly did not fix the issue for me.  When I hit the back button on the remote repeatedly, I intermittently got a page with an EXIT button and a CANCEL button.  Neither of these buttons fixed the issue.

Update:  I tried clicking on the BACK button on the screen (not the remote) and it did prompt me for my "Profile PIN".  I am a little nervous about entering my PIN on channels because the PIN is usually used to make purchases with.  None the less, I entered my PIN and the channel opened up. However, when I exited the Max channel and then tried to open it again, I got the "We were unable to switch profiles" message with the BACK button.  So, while this is not a complete fix, it is a temporary work-around until Roku and Max get the channel fixed..

Thanks Tazodin for sharing what worked for you.

DaveFriedel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Chiming in with the same problem on my Roku Ultra. Hitting the go back button that comes up works sometimes to get past it. 

0 Kudos
Blahblahblah09
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

C’mon Roku gonna make me BAck back back x 50 every time i wanna tune in for a little Curbed action 🤯

Lisar670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same thing for a week now. Since 12.5.5 update, Roku is basically useless. Max doesn't open, Hulu and Prime constantly log out while watching. Roku please provide fix. 

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number: YHOOHL579736 (21315H579736)

Software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-50

GC version: 10.6.34

Timestamp: 2024-02-01T11:40:34Z
issue ID 36-045-340

alilala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me and I haven't been able to access ANY MAX programming for days now.

Sharp Model: LC-40LB601U / Serial# YK000C113981 / Device ID: KPT8A0113981 / Software OS/version: 12.5.5 built 4174-69.

This is ONLY occurring with MAX app!

I have tried getting the "Tracker ID" when error happens but have been unable to get one.

I have worked with my service provider, who re-set my router, I restarted my tv many times, cleared caches, unplugged/plugged tv, un-installed and re-installed app twice. Nothing works.  All my other apps work!!

I'm paying for an app and programming that this tv now has not allowed me to access for days!  Why is this happening all of a sudden and WHEN and how will this be fixed??

dimlay235

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue

alilala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also, in addition to not being able to access MAX, was kicked out of Amazon Prime last night and had to get back in to app and program I was watching and fast forward to where I was in program.  This is all very strange.

0 Kudos
alilala
Reel Rookie

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please tWhry again.

Jump to solution

What is the status of this being fixed??  It's been days!

0 Kudos
Niannu28

Jump to solution

Am having the same issue and here’s my info:

Model 3810X - Roku streaming stick 

Serial no YH003T947592 (213093947592)

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-50

GC version 10.6.34

Timestamp: 2024-02-04T22:37:39Z

Issue ID 92-050-317

0 Kudos