Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcalder

Max app format does not fit (scrolling down cuts movie/show picture in half)

While in New Max app on Roku Ultra device, the images displaying the show or movies get cut in half so you can read the title. Makes it very hard to pick option, unless you don't mind clicking on every option to find what you want to watch.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max app format does not fit (scrolling down cuts movie/show picture in half)

Hi @kcalder,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Max app. We're happy to help. Please follow the steps:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

If the problem still persists, you can check out this link as well: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Max app format does not fit (scrolling down cuts movie/show picture in half)

I've seen that problem a couple of times in the max channel. I just scroll all the way back to the top and then back down to fix it; it seems to get lost when you stop and browse around in the middle when their rows are differing heights.

Reporting it to max seems futile.

jontalk
Roku Guru

The scrolling issue surfaced after the most recent update to the app..I have a Roku 4800x with a wired connection and notice that the app doesn't center the horizontal categories properly and as a result, cuts off the top half of each line similar to what the OP stated. I'll attempt removing and adding it back, but logic dictates its a bug in the recent update..That said, HBO has ALWAYS been laggy and this hasn't changed with the move to Max..clicking a title and returning can take upwards of 5-10 seconds while other apps return quickly..its obvious HBO has lots of work to do with the Roku app.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos