Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bacardistuff
Reel Rookie

Manifestation channel 21 22 23 24 25

Jump to solution

I have typed this up four times now, hit submit, get an error and have to start all over.  The above channel doesn't seem to work.  Prior to this, I assumed Roku had staff that periodically checked to make sure channels DID work to save viewers their time trying to find out.  Now that I have experienced the first sentence, I know that assumption is not true.

So what is the process of finding out the status of a channel whether it is dead, in a coma, on vacation or part of a test to see how many customers will waste more than 10 minutes of their time trying to get it to work?

P.S.:  haven't counted the letters in the title but if there aren't 25, I'll type in some numbers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Manifestation channel 21 22 23 24 25

Jump to solution

@Bacardistuff-

The Roku channel app for Manifestation was created using Roku's Direct Publisher software.

Roku is discontinuing the Direct Publisher system in January 2024. Since July 12, no new channels are being accepted via Direct Publisher and developers are being given six months to convert their apps to the new system which replaces Direct Publisher before all Direct Publisher apps will be taken down in January.

Roku Direct Publisher sunset announcement: https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset

Meanwhile, many Direct Publisher apps are being reported with similar problems in loading content. From here, it looks like something has changed in Roku's Direct Publisher system.

BOTTOM LINE:
There's nothing you can do at your end to fix or get around this. Roku has to fix whatever problem has been introduced to the Direct Publisher system, or Manifestation needs to convert successfully to the new system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bacardistuff-

The Roku channel app for Manifestation was created using Roku's Direct Publisher software.

Roku is discontinuing the Direct Publisher system in January 2024. Since July 12, no new channels are being accepted via Direct Publisher and developers are being given six months to convert their apps to the new system which replaces Direct Publisher before all Direct Publisher apps will be taken down in January.

Roku Direct Publisher sunset announcement: https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset

Meanwhile, many Direct Publisher apps are being reported with similar problems in loading content. From here, it looks like something has changed in Roku's Direct Publisher system.

BOTTOM LINE:
There's nothing you can do at your end to fix or get around this. Roku has to fix whatever problem has been introduced to the Direct Publisher system, or Manifestation needs to convert successfully to the new system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As for the posting business, I suggest typing your message in a local application, then copying and pasting it to the web. Then if something goes wrong on the post, you’ll still have it.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Bacardistuff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos