Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Econroy372

Re: MLBTV freezing during commercials

Same for me starting this week with MLB on Roku. MLB on android with same internet no problem. Not an issue with other apps on Roku, just MLB

0 Kudos
Warrior007
Channel Surfer

I received a reply from MLB and in the message I was given a link to check supported devices, https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/roku-requirements. When I clicked on the link and checked my device (ROKU Ultra model 4670X) I found that it was not on the list. I also checked the ROKU website and see that none of the devices currently being offered for sale are on the list either. I sent another message to MLB stating that based on my findings, apparently the MLB App is no longer compatible with ROKU. I asked them to advise. I think that someone from ROKU should be checking on this!!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for that additional information, @Warrior007.

We want to investigate this more thoroughly. In order for us to more accurately pinpoint the cause of this issue, could you please supply the information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What is the channel version or build? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When did they start seeing this issue occur?
  • Have you already tried to remove the channel, restart the Roku TV, and then add the channel back again to see if the issue persists?
  • Can you provide us with a video of the issue occurring (if possible)?

We'll be looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Warrior007-

I don't thank that Roku Requirement page at MLB.TV is complete.  And its not just that it's out of date and needs to have later models added to it.

On that list the Ultra 4660 is shown as supported, but your 4670 is not.  As far as I can find on the net, your Ultra 4670 has the same hardware as the 4660 except that it has twice the memory, 2 GB instead of 1 GB, and was supplied with JBL headphones.  Both use the same Realtek RTL8812BU WiFi chip.  If the 4660 is supported, I don't see why the 4670 shouldn't work with MLB as well.

I have a Streaming Stick 3600 that I use for travel so it has not been in service for a while.  The 3600 is NOT listed on that MLB support page, either.  The 3600 is an older unit than those listed so it didn't seem too unreasonable that MLB may have dropped support for it.

So, I hooked the 3600 up at home to check, and it loaded and ran the MLB app without a hitch.

Settings > System > Software update indicated the software had already been checked today, and confirmed the last update was installed back in April.  Presumably this says everything was up to date.  I went ahead and clicked on "Check now" anyhow, and I was surprised to see it offered an update from 12.0.0.4178 to 12.0.0.4184, so I had it do the update.

Going back into the MLB app, it still played fine (Version 8.6 Build 0).

I can can understand an out-of-date page needing to be updated to reflect newer Roku models, but this list is missing supported models that were available when the list was created.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mikeja814
Reel Rookie

Well tonight is the first night in about two weeks that I'm not getting buffering during commercials. Maybe it's fixed?

0 Kudos
RFKfan1991
Reel Rookie

Add me to the list, I've started streaming the games from a computer connected to my TV's HDMI, but this is less than ideal. Hope this gets resolved. 

0 Kudos
Lam35
Reel Rookie

Hi RFKfan1991

I have been able to watch games without the buffering issue for the last two days. I don't know what changed.  All my versions and build are the same as before. I have the roku ultra 4800. The problem lasted two weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Hope your issues get fixed!

0 Kudos
Warrior007
Channel Surfer

I haven't had any issues the last two nights. Hopefully the issue is resolved, but as always we have no idea what the cause of the problem was. Was this a ROKU device issue, or an MLB app issue? We will never know, but if it is fixed then I am happy. I would be interested to get an answer as to why the ROKU devices for sale on the website are not on the MLB app compatibility list. 

0 Kudos
Warrior007
Channel Surfer

The interesting part of this is that MLB support supplied me with the link to the supported devices page as a third solution to the problem after the first two solutions failed. Everything that they ever tell us to do when we have a problem are the script solutions that they are reading from. No one ever really tries to get down to the nitty gritty problem in order to offer a real solution. I never even contact them until I try all the usual fixes. i haven't had any issues the last two nights so I am hoping that the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
Warrior007
Channel Surfer

I haven't had any issues the last two nights so I am hoping that the problem is resolved. Others have replied that they are no longer having issues as well. You should really contact MLB to find out why their devices compatibility page relative to ROKU devices is not accurate.

0 Kudos