Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BF2023

Re: MAX Login password length

Jump to solution

Hey, Kash, this is a Roku problem not a Max problem. Everyone on this forum has said they have no problem logging in under any other platform. So don't try and pass it off onto someone else. Roku needs to fix it.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

As a workaround -- have any of you just updated your MAX password to 10 characters?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TetonTech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A workaround that worked for me: Select provider and that will give you a QR code and a number, then goto max.com/signin (not the /provider, I had to use inprivate / incognito because it kept going back to the provider list) and sign in like normal.

This will let you sign in on the phone with the short password and activate the TV from the code that was supposed to be for the provider login. 

islndhawk

Jump to solution

The problem is not with MAX. It works on my Roku Ultra, Premier and TCL rokuTv - but I am having this password issue with a Sharp Roku TV.

0 Kudos
TetonTech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does the TV give you the same option to log in with a provider instead of using a password?

0 Kudos
Apotheosis

Jump to solution

TetonTech's workaround worked for me. Awesome, thanks!

lsbtie

Jump to solution

login on Non-Roku device like computer and reset the password to 10 characters.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@BF2023 wrote:

Hey, Kash, this is a Roku problem not a Max problem. Everyone on this forum has said they have no problem logging in under any other platform. So don't try and pass it off onto someone else. Roku needs to fix it.

Hi all,

Channel partners develop and maintain their own channels and their customer credentials. We have no control over partner customer credentials. It's possible that Max has made a new password requirement and it isn't being properly messaged on their Roku channel.

We have escalated this with our friends at Max. In the meantime while waiting for the channel partner to update their channel, please use the QR workaround above, or change your password so you'll be able to get access asap. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate this issue being brought to our attention! 

Thanks for understanding!

Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

Jump to solution

Hi RokuAustin,

I just wanted to share that I am a new Roku member and having the same issue! Love the device/services besides not being able to log in. And I do not necessarily want to change the password 

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@mysteryduckman wrote:

Hi RokuAustin,

I just wanted to share that I am a new Roku member and having the same issue! Love the device/services besides not being able to log in. And I do not necessarily want to change the password 

Hi there, and welcome! We've alerted the channel engineering team over at Max that their app is experiencing this issue. Hopefully, this is solved soon on their end. In the meantime, @TetonTech above posted a workaround. You can also use the screen mirroring function from the Max mobile app. Or, you'd want to change the password to get access. Max is a new channel and we're sure they'll get the kinks ironed out soon. 

Thanks,

Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos