Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westner
Roku Guru

Lost Video on All Channels

Jump to solution

For the second time this month I lost video on over-the-air channels and both audio and video on streaming channels. When I press the 'home' button on the remote, I can see the screen with all the channels properly displayed; but when I choose any channel, the screen just freezes. I called for service the first time this happened but had to cancel the call when everything returned to normal the next day. Now it's been two days without my TV. Should I call for service because there's something wrong with my set or has this happened to someone else?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Lost Video on All Channels - SOLUTION

Jump to solution

Before going back to the store to return my set, I called Roku Support. The young lady talked me through the solution:

• Pull the power plug to the TV
  • Hold the ON/OFF button on the TV for 15 seconds
  • Plug the power back in
  • Turn the TV on using the remote

SUCCESS! Everything returned to normal (except that darn NEW Guide).

It seems that this drains the excess of electricity that builds up over time and then interferes with the electronics of the set.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Lost Video on All Channels - SOLUTION

Jump to solution

Before going back to the store to return my set, I called Roku Support. The young lady talked me through the solution:

• Pull the power plug to the TV
  • Hold the ON/OFF button on the TV for 15 seconds
  • Plug the power back in
  • Turn the TV on using the remote

SUCCESS! Everything returned to normal (except that darn NEW Guide).

It seems that this drains the excess of electricity that builds up over time and then interferes with the electronics of the set.

0 Kudos