Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_csi191001
Reel Rookie

Lost Program selection ability within some channels

Acorn, Britbox and ROKU channels (possibly others) advance multiple selection spaces rather than just the one at a time. Makes program selection a nightmare. Prime Video and Netflix are OK. Happening on 2 different ROKU models in the house attached to 2 different TVs. Both ROKUs are a few years old, not new. Any ideas? Thx!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost Program selection ability within some channels

Hi @j_csi191001,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with some of the channels or apps. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

If the problem still persists, please try to update the software of your Roku by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, selecting settings, system, software/system update, and check now.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
j_csi191001
Reel Rookie

Re: Lost Program selection ability within some channels

Thank you, John for contacting me. After posting this I noticed another post with a similar complaint. I read the instructions for handling the issue (which I see are the same instructions as you offered) so I was going to follow those instructions but forgot about my own post.

Having said that, before doing those steps I simply unplugged my ROKU units (4800X and 4630X each on a different TV), waited a few minutes and plugged them back in. Problem solved! No idea why or how this worked but clearly it is related to electrical flow. Saving your suggestions but so far so good, but obviously we are a bit concerned about a recurrence.

0 Kudos