Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Km29
Channel Surfer

Lost BBC America Channel

I am having the same problem. Followed your instructions, deleted channel, went to settings and restarted the Roku from there, reinstalled BBC America, and still have the same problem as described by OP – channel opens, stutters/flashes a couple times, circle shows slowly loading and after a half-second flash of content squares, goes back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost BBC America Channel

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue with us, @Km29.

We'll do our best to assist, but we need more details. May we know if this is the only channel affected by this issue? What about the status of your internet on the device? Have you tried checking? Some channels require more internet than others, so we'll recommend you try doing so. If the issue persists on this specific channel only, kindly ask for further assistance from the channel provider, as this may be a known issue on their end.

Keep us updated on what you have figured out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gorbals_laddie
Channel Surfer

We own 4 Smart TV’s all using Roku Devices all but one of these TV’s have no issues connecting and playing BBC America except for our LG Smart TV. I have tried rebooting the Roku Stick that is attached to the LG TV including unplugging the TV but with no luck in getting BBC America to work via the Roku Stick. Frustrated because it was working 7 days ago!

Any Solutions Out There?

crowsnest_nest42@msn.com

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gorbals_laddie,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for getting back to us.

Could you tell us if you made some changes recently that might be related to this? Have you tried any troubleshooting so that we can proceed to the appropriate next step?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gorbals_laddie
Channel Surfer

Thanks For The Welcome 🤗 

I have not initiated any changes with this Smart TV by LG. All the Roku Channels are working fine. I checked the other 3 Smart TV’s which have Roku Devices attached to them and they all work and connect to BBC America.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@gorbals_laddie 

Thanks for your prompt response!

Could you share with us the error message you're getting every time you access the app on this TV? We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gorbals_laddie
Channel Surfer

There have been no error messages on the LG TV screen. Which has me puzzled. The other Smart TV’s that play BBC America via Roku Devices are 2 Vizio’s and A Sharp Aquos Smart TV.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@RokuERey

Is it like a playback issue you're experiencing? Also, could you share with us the TV's brand and model? In addition, try swapping those devices and let me know if there are any differences.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gorbals_laddie
Channel Surfer

I’ve tried everything without success. My LG Smart TV Model is: 50UN7300AUD.

I find it strange that BBC America via Roku Devices on our 2 Vizio Smart TV’s and on our Sharp Aquos Smart TV but is no longer working with our LG Smart TV 50UN7300AUD via our Roku Stick.

Something is amiss and perhaps LG no longer allows BBC America via our Roku Stick to connect.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@gorbals_laddie,

Thanks for your efforts and for the update!

We'd like to take a closer look into this. Kindly, please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be able to flag the appropriate Roku team once we have this information available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.